Reporting to a Mechanical Design Manager, the Senior Mechanical Designer is responsible for supporting the design of existing and new tool technology from conception, design, testing, fabrication, through to approved application. Accountable for multifaceted input on tool design and implementation of new technologies and electronics that will lead to increased workability, reliability, and continuous enhancement to Onstream’s pipeline inspection tools (Calgary, Alberta).
The Senior Mechanical Designer will need to be a self-starting individual with a high, result driven attitude along with being an independent thinker. Able to handle multiple projects and cope with deadline deliverables. Skilled in presenting ideas, concepts, and results in an accurate and concise manner.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designing of Complex and Interacting Mechanical Components in Inventor
- Researching technologies that will apply to tool design goals
- Incorporating electronics sensor circuitry design and application
- Gathering, compiling and organizing research information into a presentable database
- Building prototypes and fixtures for testing
- Leading design testing procedures, documenting test results
- Working with project teams to transfer designs to manufacturing and production
Education & Experience Required
- Mechanical Engineering Technology Diploma, Mechanical Engineer Degree (preferred)
- APEGA Registered (preferred)
- 5 years (minimum) experience as a Mechanical Designer
- Experience in the Design of Pipeline Inspection Tools (asset)
- Background in Magnetic Properties or Theory (asset)
Skills & Competencies Required
- Have an understanding of magnetic circuit analysis consisting of permanent magnets
- Proficient in AutoDesk Inventor design software
- Needs to be a self starter with ability to work independently
- Superior communication skills (verbal/written) and demonstrate strong time management skills
- Basic knowledge of electronics
- Solution finder extraordinaire!
We look forward to receiving your application! Please note, that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.