Apply On Indeed
Onstream Pipeline Inspection Services Inc. is a leading provider of free-swimming and tethered in-line inspection services to oil and gas pipeline operators, currently servicing the North American market. To meet Onstream™s commitment to excellence and continued growth and development needs, we are now accepting applications for the position of Integrity Engineer working within our Enhanced Analysis Team . This position will be based in Calgary and will report to the Director of Enhanced Analysis and Integrity Services.
You’re a versatile and skilled professional with a passion for solving complex problems with innovative solutions. You are comfortable with all technical aspects of data analysis and can see opportunities to add value through integrity assessments and reporting. You are organized, comfortable with your skills and knowledge, and have the energy and drive to work through challenges to develop a reliable and robust solution. You are able to represent Onstream professionally while working with clients to identify needs and add value through enhanced assessment of data, and reporting solutions. This position is a rare opportunity to play a key role in the continued evolution of the enhanced data products and services that Onstream provides to its clients.
The Integrity Engineer is a senior technical resource within the Enhanced Analysis group responsible for development and delivery of a suite of analysis and reporting deliverables to clients wishing to extract more value through enhanced integration and further integrity assessments of ILI data. A thorough understanding of clients needs relative to integrity assessments and reporting in Canada and the United States is required for this role.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Corrosion growth assessments using repeat inspection data.
- Mechanical deformation assessment using caliper data to calculate strain or shape parameters.
- Enhanced analysis through integration of inertial measurement unit data to evaluate strain related to localized bending and pipeline movement.
- Integration and assessment of datasets from multiple sources (historical inspection alignment / dig validation integration / third-party inspection data alignment).
- Detailed understanding of contemporary ILI technology, and emerging reporting deliverables within the MFL, Geometry and IMU space.
- Identification of new business opportunities as they arise will be key to establishing Onstream as a value-added service provider. You will be working closely with the Technology team to extract more value from the tools as they continue to evolve. Excellent communications skills, written and oral, will be necessary to understand client needs and articulate the value of the enhanced reporting deliverables. The Integrity Engineer shall be responsible for the following essential functions:
- Organizing and tracking of enhanced analysis deliverables requirements, due dates, delivery dates, etc.
- Continued development and evolution of enhanced deliverables within this space
- Contribute to ensuring that established goals for the Global Analysis group are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality and team member performance
- Provide technical oversight and leadership for complex issues as they arise within the Canadian and US analysis teams
- Interface with clients to understand needs and provide technical support for complex analysis events
- Provide input to the engineering, technology, and algorithm teams for continuous improvement of the quality and efficiency of our in-line inspection tools and processes
- Work with the software development team to identify opportunities to enhance functionality in order to meet and exceed client expectations
- Understand regulations, standards, and contemporary integrity work practices in Canadian and US jurisdictions
- Seek synergistic opportunities with other Mistras business units such as New Century Software and Mistras Digital
- Train and mentor Junior Integrity Engineers and Enhanced Data Analysis staff as required
- Prepare and support deliverables using well-developed written and verbal communication skills; including report writing
- Work independently and as a part of a team, handling many documents/files simultaneously, while under strict time constraints to meet tight deadlines
- Any other duties as requested
Experience / Skill Set
- 5+ years experience with ILI Analysis, pipeline integrity and data management
- Knowledge of or experience with pipeline integrity standards and regulatory requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (or equivalent)
- Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) in good standing with APEGA (asset)
- Clear understanding of end-user requirements, and integrity management methodologies
- Strong understanding of ILI data (MFL/Geometry/IMU) and technology
- Self-Driven with ability to work diligently and achieve results with minimal supervision
- Able to manage multiple competing requests and deliverables, with a service mentality
- Complex reasoning, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills and an understanding of the technical aspects of data flow through the ILI operation
- Effective communication skills in both oral and written form; including report writing
- Ability to work collaboratively with others, both inside and external to the Company
Thank you for submitting your Application! Successful candidates will need to pass pre-employment Background Screening. Please note that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- How many years of ILI integrity engineering experience do you have?
- How many years of ILI Data Analysis do you have?
- How many years of MFL/GEO/IMU do you have?
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Apply On Indeed