Onstream Pipeline Inspection Services Inc. is a provider of Inline and Tethered MFL inspection services to oil and gas pipeline operators, currently servicing the North American market. Onstream is now accepting applications for the position of Senior Mechanical Designer (Inline Inspection) at our Calgary location!
Position Overview & Responsibilities
Reporting to a Mechanical Design Manager, the Senior Mechanical Designer is responsible for supporting the design of existing and new tool technology from conception, design, testing, fabrication, through to approved application. Accountable for multifaceted input on tool design and implementation of new technologies and electronics that will lead to increased workability, reliability, and continuous enhancement to Onstream’s pipeline inspection tools.
The Senior Mechanical Designer will need to be a self-starting individual with a high, result driven attitude along with being an independent thinker. Able to handle multiple projects and cope with deadline deliverables. Skilled in presenting ideas, concepts, and results in an accurate and concise manner.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to
- Designing of complex and interacting mechanical components using Inventor
- Researching technologies that will apply to tool design goals
- Incorporating electronics sensor circuitry design and application
- Gathering, compiling and organizing research information into a presentable database
- Building prototypes and fixtures for testing
- Leading design testing procedures, documenting test results
- Working with project teams to transfer designs to manufacturing and production
- Any other duties assigned
Education & Experience Required
- Mechanical Engineering Technology Diploma (minimum), Mechanical Engineer Degree (preferred)
- APEGA Registered (preferred)
- 5+ years experience (minimum) as a Mechanical Designer
- Previous experience in the design of Inline Pipeline Inspection Tools (asset)
- Background in Magnetic Properties or Theory (asset)
Skills & Competencies Required
- Proficient in MS Office and Autodesk Inventor design software required
- Skilled at SolidWorks and Creo (formerly Pro/Engineer) considered an asset
- Needs to be a self starter with ability to work independently, while being an active contributor within the Technology Team
- Superior communication skills (verbal/written) and strong time management skills
- Innovative analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Basic knowledge of electronics
Successful candidate will need to pass a Background screen. Thank you for submitting your application. Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.