Onstream Pipeline Inspection Services Inc. is a growing provider of inline inspection services to pipeline operators in North America. Due to continued growth, Onstream is now accepting applications for the position of Polymers Recovery Specialist working in our Polymers department located in Calgary, Alberta.
Position Overview & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Polymers Manager, the Polymers Recovery Specialist is responsible for the recovery of used parts. This involves the use of precise implements, dissolving solutions, and heat to remove existing polyurethane and epoxy over-molding. Recovered parts will be prepped for over-molding again – which protects the pieces against the harshest of environments. The Polymers Recovery Specialist will also assist in everyday duties within the department.
The Polymers Recovery Specialist will need to be a self-starting individual, who takes pride in completing detailed repetitive work, and being part of a dedicated team that produces high quality work on a regular basis. Communication
is key in this role as the recovery priorities can change on a daily basis to meet the deadlines of other departments.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Dissolving and removing polyurethane and epoxies from metal and electronic components by using small hand tools (picks, cutting tools, etc.), heat, and solvents
• Must be able to organize and track all parts recovered using the recovery tracker system (Quantity, Part#, Process) so other departments can easily check what is ready
• Recovering of sensors, springs, and cable components for reuse
• Daily casting department clean up and equipment maintenance
• Continuous learning
• Other duties as assigned within the department by the Polymers Manager and Electronics Manager
Education & Experience Required:
• High School Diploma (minimum)
• Criminal Background Check will be completed
Skills & Competencies Required
• Previous experience working in a manufacturing facility (1+ year preferred)
• Needs to be a self starter
• Strong communication skills, including verbal, written and listening
• Ability to work with others and/or alone
• Able to be function under tight deadlines and demonstrate strong time management skills
• Ability to lift 50 pounds at times
• Standing and/or sitting for extended periods
• Able to perform repetitive tasks with keen attention to detail
• Basic Computer knowledge and use
Thank you for submitting your Application! Successful candidate will need to pass pre-employment Drug and Alcohol screen, and Background Check. Please note that only those selected for consideration will be contacted.