Onstream Pipeline Inspection Services Inc is a growing provider of inline inspection services to pipeline operators in Canada and the USA. Due to continued growth, Onstream is now accepting applications for the position of IMU Data Analyst (Level 1-3), based in Houston, TX. The successful candidate will show a progressive work history of IMU Data Analysis along with having an analytical background, ability to learn/use proprietary software, and apply technical concepts quickly. This position requires the analysis of data recorded by Onstream Pipeline’s MFL/Caliper/IMU in-line inspection (ILI) tools, correlation to verification measurements, and final report generation.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform preliminary IMU data quality assessments.
- Process and interpret IMU bench test datasets for acceptance.
- Process tool’s IMU data in conjunction with GPS tie-points to generate accurate pipeline mapping.
- Analyze pipeline bend strain profile to identify areas of potential pipeline movement.
- Analyze dent strain to identify potential areas of structural integrity issues.
- Interpret MFL and Geometry pipeline inspection data to determine defects location and depth on oil and gas pipelines.
- Correlate analysis results to inspection data from previous runs.
- Organize and produce reports of ILI tool analysis results as per client requirements.
- Interface with clients via telephone, email and in person. Communicate analysis findings and provide support for excavations and measurement results.
- Work in a team environment collaborating and sharing knowledge and experiences.
Education / Experience / Certifications:
- Degree or diploma in Geomatics Engineering or similar background (preference given to post-secondary education/experience in inertial navigation, GPS, map projections and geodesy)
- 3+ years progressive IMU Data Analysis experience in an inline inspection environment
- Experience and/or training in non-destructive testing (NDT) is an Asset
- Previous work with MFL, Caliper and Inertial analysis (Asset)
- Knowledge of pipeline safety and compliance regulations (AER/NEB/PHMSA) is an asset
- Self Driven. Ability to work diligently with minimal supervision
- Strong Computer Skills (MS Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat)
- Ability to complete tasks fully in a timely and quality manner
- Ability to maintain poise, quality of work and efficiency during busy times
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills
- Ability to evaluate and prioritize tasks
- Ability to maintain concentration throughout work day
- Strong social skills for communicating with co-workers and clients
- Professional personal presentation
- Willingness to work overtime during busy times
Successful candidate will need to pass a pre-employment drug & alcohol screen, Background and DMV Checks. We are only able to employ those legally authorized to work in the US. Thank you for submitting your application. Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Follow local COVID-19 guidelines.
- IMU ILI industry data analysis: 1 year (Preferred)
- MFL/Caliper and Inertial Mapping Analysis: 1 year (Preferred)
- working knowledge of AER/NEB/PHMSA: 1 year (Preferred)
- valid Level 1 / 2 / 3 IMU ILI Analysis Certification (Preferred)