Onstream Pipeline Inspection Services Inc is a growing provider of inline inspection services to pipeline operators in the USA and Canada. Due to continued growth, Onstream is now accepting applications for the positions of Data Analyst (ILI, All Levels), based in Houston, TX. The successful candidates will show a progressive work history of ILI Analysis along with having an analytical background, ability to learn/use proprietary software, and apply technical concepts quickly. These positions require the analysis of data recorded by Onstream Pipeline’s MFL/Caliper/IMU in-line inspection (ILI) tools, correlation to verification measurements, and final report generation.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform preliminary data quality assessments.
- Process and interpret datasets for acceptance.
- Interpret MFL and Geometry pipeline inspection data to determine defects location and depth on oil and gas pipelines.
- Correlate analysis results to inspection data from previous runs.
- Organize and produce reports of ILI tool analysis results as per client requirements.
- Interface with clients via telephone, email and in person. Communicate analysis findings and provide support for excavations and measurement results.
- Work in a team environment collaborating and sharing knowledge and experiences.
Education / Experience / Certifications:
- Degree or diploma in a related field; or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Level 1/2/3 MFL/GEO historical certification
- 3+ years progressive Data Analysis experience in an inline inspection environment (preferred), in MFL, Caliper, or Inertial analysis capacity
- Experience and/or training in non-destructive testing (NDT) is an Asset
- Knowledge of pipeline safety and compliance regulations (AER/NEB/PHMSA) is required
- Self Driven. Ability to work diligently with minimal supervision
- Strong Computer Skills (MS Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat)
- Ability to complete tasks fully in a timely and quality manner
- Ability to maintain poise, quality of work and efficiency during busy times
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills
- Ability to evaluate and prioritize tasks
- Ability to maintain concentration throughout work day
- Strong social skills for communicating with co-workers and clients
- Professional personal presentation
- Willingness to work overtime during busy times
Successful candidate will need to pass a pre-employment drug & alcohol screen, Background and DMV Checks. We are only able to employ those legally authorized to work in the US. Thank you for submitting your application. Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations
- Inline Inspection MFL/GEO Data Analysis: 1 year (Preferred)
- API, NACE, and ASME Standards and Recommended Practices: 1 year (Preferred)
- PHMSA Part 192 and 195 Regulations: 1 year (Preferred)
- current or historical ILI Certification (Level 1, 2, or 3) (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)