Onstream Pipeline Inspection Services Inc is a growing provider of inline inspection services to pipeline operators in Canada and the USA. Due to continued growth, Onstream is now accepting applications for the positions of Data Analysts (ILI, Levels 2 or 3), based in Calgary, AB.
The successful candidates will show a progressive work history of ILI Analysis (Level 2 or 3) along with having an analytical background, ability to learn/use proprietary software, and apply technical concepts quickly. This position requires the analysis of data recorded by Onstream Pipelineâ€™s MFL/Caliper/IMU in-line inspection (ILI) tools, correlation to verification measurements, and final report generation.
Why Join Us:
- Health Benefits
- Matching RRSP Plan
- Onsite Gym (Free to use)
- We’re Calgary Transit Accessible (Route 148 West)
- Paid Vacation and Personal Time Off
- Growth opportunities within
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform preliminary data quality assessments.
- Process and interpret datasets for acceptance.
- Interpret MFL and Geometry pipeline inspection data to determine defects location and depth on oil and gas pipelines.
- Correlate analysis results to inspection data from previous runs.
- Organize and produce reports of ILI tool analysis results as per client requirements.
- Interface with clients via telephone, email and in person. Communicate analysis findings and provide support for excavations and measurement results.
- Work in a team environment collaborating and sharing knowledge and experiences.
Education / Experience / Certifications:
- Degree in a related technical discipline (Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics), Masterâ€™s Degree is preferred
- ILI PQ Level 2 / 3 Data Analyst â€“ Axial MFL Certification
- ILI PQ Level 2 / 3 Data Analyst â€“ Geometry Certification
- 4 years progressive Data Analysis experience in an inline inspection (ILI) role, on lines from 6″ â€“ 36″, both standalone and combination tools
- 4 years experience applying knowledge of pipeline safety and compliance regulations (AER/NEB/PHMSA) is required
- 4 years applying knowledge of PHMSA Part 192 and 195 regulations, API, NACE and ASME standards and recommended
- Experience and training in non-destructive testing (NDT) is an Asset
- Self Driven. Ability to work diligently with minimal supervision
- Strong Computer Skills (MS Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat)
- Ability to complete tasks fully in a timely and quality manner
- Ability to maintain poise, quality of work and efficiency during busy times
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills
- Ability to evaluate and prioritize tasks
- Ability to maintain concentration throughout work day
- Strong social skills for communicating with co-workers and clients
- Professional personal presentation
- Willingness to work overtime during busy times
Thank you for submitting your Application! Successful candidates will need to pass pre-employment Background Screening. Please note that only those selected for consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
COVID-19 considerations: Following all local protocols
- API 1163 Standards: 1 year (preferred)
- valid or historical ILI Certification (Level 1, 2, or 3): 4 years (preferred)
- ANSI/ANT ILI-PQ-2017 Standards: 4 years (preferred)
- ILI Data Analysis: 4 years (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Calgary, AB T2C 5R4