Onstream Pipeline Inspection Services Inc. is an emerging provider of inline inspection services to pipeline operators in Canada/USA. Due to ongoing growth, Onstream is now accepting applications for the position of Shop Technician, based in Calgary, AB.
- Perform tool builds, maintenance, and troubleshooting on Pipeline Inspection Tools and support equipment.
- Follow blueprint diagrams (mechanical and electrical) with attention to detail and completes relevant support build checklists.
- Assists with field operations, repairing and preparation of tools and support equipment.
- Reading tool diagrams (blueprints) and follows outlined procedures with high attention to detail.
- Works safely at all times, contributes in safety meetings.
- Driving to collect/drop off parts locally as required.
- Assisting with general maintenance and upkeep of the shop and yard.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School (minimum); Mechanical and/or Electronic Diploma (preferred).
- A technical or electron mechanical background.
- 2+ years experience building and troubleshooting tools (Inline LI or other like for O&G).
- Basic Knowledge of soldering and electronics.
- Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License in good standing.
- Knowledge of electronics and troubleshooting techniques.
- Full understanding of computers, networking, Windows environments and Proprietary software.
- Ability to complete tasks fully in a timely manner with attention to detail and quality.
- Maintains poise, quality of work and efficiency during busy times.
- Forklift experience.
- Physically able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to evaluate and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to maintain concentration over long periods of time.
- Self-regulated with a strong sense of pride in one’s work.
- Strong social skills for communicating with co-workers and clients.
- Professional personal presentation.
Successful candidate will need to pass a Pre-employment Drug/Alcohol and Background screen, including Motor Vehicle Report. Thank you for submitting your application. Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Following local regulations
- Are you willing to complete pre-employment D&A and Background Checks and provide a Driver Abstract (if the successful candidate)?
- Secondary School (preferred)
- mechanical tool maintenance: 1 year (preferred)
- oilfield tool maintenance: 1 year (preferred)
- electrical troubleshooting: 1 year (preferred)
- building tools to specifications: 1 year (preferred)
- Class 5 Licence (preferred)